Projects

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rainy day love

Personally I LOVE rainy days!

Especially when you don't have to go anywhere or do anything, when you have the option to snuggle up with a cozy cable knit blanket while the baby takes a nap and you can sip on a glass of sweet red wine ( noon is a good wine time for me ) and you can really truly be one hundred percent focused on that really good book that you picked up from the $1.00 table at the flea market the other day. 

Yeah I wish my rainy day was like that too...

Instead my rainy day consisted of a little bundle of joy who just wanted to squeal instead of using her words, who had no interest in taking a nap even though her eyes were bright red, and a crazy puppy dog who is very vocal as well.  

We have a lot of animal drama around these parts. 

Honestly I thought my heart was going to explode from all the pressure building up as I tried my hardest to keep my composure, patience, and temper under control.  

So what do you do when life gives you lemons? 
You tell the baby to "find the puppies" which makes the puppies go into hiding, and also buys you approximately 15 minutes of peace and quiet.  Since the baby loves the puppies more than her own parents this can work a few times as long as you switch out the words "find", "hug", and "kiss".  

In this forty five minute time of bliss, be productive! Do something positive like baking some pretty fantastic Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies that I found on Pinterest.  

Once my brain was put into a state of calm by the sugar endorphins, we all loaded up in the truck to go deliver some happiness and lull the baby to sleep in the backseat.  
WIN / WIN 



I love delivering surprises, and lets face it while eating two dozen cookies on my own is totally possible and has been done before I'm not going to lie, 
it's really not the best idea.  

So while we were out and about in a slow drizzly rain kind of a day I went ahead and raided the chicken coop for some fresh yummies to give to the neighbors.



We never actually buy eggs anymore so I have finally ran out of my egg carton stash.  Luckily I stumbled across this cute method of turning a paper plate into a little basket
I will never again buy gift bags, everyone from here on out will be getting adorable paper plate baskets! 

Hope you have found a way to enjoy your rainy days!

*Angela*

No comments:

Post a Comment