Projects

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Gallery Wall

It's a tough decision....

Do you hang the pictures in a box formation, free form, do the edges need to line up? Better yet what color frames do I need to use, should they match..size or style, should the pictures be color, black and white, or a combination? 

No wonder it took me so long to do a gallery wall.  I scoured the internet and magazines to find inspiration and loved what I saw... really there is absolutely no rule.  Just hang what you love!

Here are a few that caught my eye and gave me inspiration.

 (unknown source)

 (Pottery Barn)

 (Pottery Barn)

(Pinterest)


So I finally decided to give it a go, I left some room in between pics so that I can move them around and add in more as I go along, but I really like the way it turned out.  The arrangement definitely livens up that wall which was a blank slate before and made that corner of the living room seem so dull.

Many of the frames were collected from other spaces in the house, I'm trying to put more of an emphasis on our living room since that's where all the people hang out....duh!  No clue why I've neglected this room for so long while I focused on the other rooms that no one but us goes into.  That does not make sense! 



I love that the small keys hanging on the wall actually go with this buffet,  we got this piece off Craigslist and it did not have any keys with it but the locks do function.  Since the flea market is a great place to find random things, we carried one of the drawers around to different vendors until we found two keys that would work, although the keys are different they both fit the locks!



Unfortunately in our small house we don't have (or have space for) a Liquor Cabinet so we just corral all the bottles in this tray, a trick I carried over from my mom.  At least most liquor bottles are very pretty and have nice designs on them.   


 

No... I don't paint, although I would love to know how.  Not sure how I started a collection of art easel picture frames but they are some of my favorites!

Now I have a whole corner of people, places, and things that I love, what a better thing to look at than a blank wall!

*Angela*


No comments:

Post a Comment