Projects

Thursday, January 10, 2013

A New Love

My poor Blog has felt to neglected for a while now so I decided to pop on and say Hi again!  It may not look like it but  have been quite busy since I last posted.  I will try to catch up on everything a little at a time but for now... the most important!

I have a new LOVE!

Her name is Ava!

My sweet baby girl Ava Lynn was born on Nov 27th.  Which oddly enough was her actual due date...
For a first time mom I would have to say thay she was so good to me, my labor only lasted for 7 hours from the time my water broke at home to her being born.  

I wanted a natural birth if at all possible (I wasn't set firm one way or the other,  since I wasn't sure of the amount of pain to expect),  I had read that without an epidural babies come out more alert and that recovery time was much quicker for the mom as well so I thought I'd give it a try. 
I do know I have never experienced pain like that before, but my hubby was such a champ in coaching me along and keeping me focused one contraction at a time.  

By the time the contractions were so intense and coming so close I wasn't getting a break to recover in between,  I finally caved and asked for an epidural.  I had been in labor for 6 hours and couldn't imagine hours on end at that rate.  The nurse checked me to determine how much I had progressed and little Ava was already trying to push her way out!

Obviously no epidural!

The Doctor made it to the delivery room right after they handed me my sweet angel.  We had such a great Nurse she did the whole delivery on her own and without hesitation.  My Husband said Ava came out with the cord wrapped around her neck a couple times and was pretty blue...  but I had no clue,  they cut it and unwrapped her and she was fine! Thank God! 

I can say the saying is true as much as I love and adore my husband, there is no such thing as love at first sight until you see your baby for the first time!  

There is also nothing as heart warming and seeing your Husband and baby together. 

Thankful and excited!
*Angela*
 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment