Projects

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Decorating for baby...

Baby Girl Room.....

 It has taken me at least a month since I found out we were having a baby girl to finally decide on how to decorate the nursery.  I'm not really a girly girl so going crazy with pink was not an option, and I wanted a room that was soothing, and comfortable for my hubbs to hang out in as well. 
(I'm counting on him for some quality midnight diaper change/feeding time).

It really came together quite un-expectantly, turns out we are going with a bird theme. 


 I came across this little bird back in May,  I thought he was adorable but really didn't have anywhere to put him.  I love that he is made from reclaimed materials, so I've had him in the back of my mind for a while now.



Then,  I came across this fabric at JoAnne's. I love the colors, light blue, tints of grey, creamy beige, just the hint of a mauve pink on some of the eggs, and little dots of a sage green. 

I went ahead and bought enough to make the skirt to go around the crib, and a little extra to use as accents around the room.   All of a sudden it clicked, I remembered the reclaimed bird and was now very excited about decorating the baby room. 

 I had so many ideas floating around my head and wasn't in love with any of them.  It's funny how that one missing piece brings everything together. 


I do still want it to be feminine,  so we are going to do a light sage color on the walls, beaded board to chair rail height, wispy white curtains and cream colored furniture, with just a few hints of pink.

For Example:

I would like to make a mobile out of pink lace and crystals to hang above the crib.  I love this one and think it is absolutely gorgeous,  shouldn't be hard to make... right...?

*Angela*
















1 comment:

  1. Alright, this decides which bumper to send you. It will need to be recovered to match, but you'll have something :) Or you can sell it :)

    ReplyDelete